Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Is this the place?

Posted by Jim Shockey 
Is this the place?
September 13, 2013 04:35PM
Hello, Folks,

I'm looking forward to learning more about Handibot. Will this forum be populated with ShopBot company personnel?

Regards,

Jim
Re: Is this the place?
September 13, 2013 04:49PM
Hello Jim,

II hope this it the place. Looking forward to a bit more activity than what is on the forum at this point. I am Near Dallas in Texas, How about you?
September 13, 2013 07:37PM
Hi, John,

I'm located in northcentral Idaho. Near the town of Grangeville.

I actually posted that first message on these fora, this morning. Already, it looks like there is some traffic starting to pass through.

I just heard about the HandiBot yesterday, in the Popular Woodworking newsletter -- and, my head's been buzzing with possibilities. I could never quite justify buying a ShopBot. But, at the price point they are going to try and market the HandiBot, I think a guy who's reasonably clever with building tooling can use the HandiBot to either: a) afford a ShopBot fairly quickly; or, b) determine he didn't need one to start with. I'm excited!

Are you one of the folks who's scheduled to get one right away?

Jim
September 14, 2013 05:47PM
This is the place for all (or most anyway) things Handibot. We're excited to add content and keep everyone updated as we move things along. Right now, a good chunk of the open source information is linked from ShopBotTools.com and we'll make sure Handibotters know where to get to what as we continue to develop the ecosystem.

If there's something you're looking for and don't see, please let us know.

Thanks!
September 18, 2013 07:53PM
@Jim Shockey,

I am one of the people supposed to get my unit in September. Unfortunately I will be out of the country and cannot use it until October.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.