Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Indexing jig help

Posted by Davis636 
Indexing jig help
March 18, 2015 03:37PM
I have an issue when using the indexing jig that I'm not sure yet how to get rid of. I've seen it described as "jogels" by Mark and it only affects the Y axis. When I move to tile 2, there is a small offset in the Y axis, even though the ending point of tile 1 is the same. this offset continues with additional tiles (IE Tile3). the test is run on a straight horizontal line. any ideas?
Attachments:
open | download - T1_Profile 2.sbp (1.4 KB)
open | download - T2_Profile 2.sbp (1.4 KB)
open | download - T3_Profile 2.sbp (1.4 KB)
Re: Indexing jig help
March 18, 2015 06:42PM
I'm on my phone so I can not look at your files but I do have a couple of things for you to look at.
First, are you fasitisly doing everything in my Instructable? The jig is an order of magnitude better than trying to position the handibot manually but still so easy to miss by just enough to give you joggles.
Second, is the bot square and in cal?
Run a test cut just inside the handibot 6x8 window and check it for square and size.
If you are out of square there is a procedure on the handibot site for squaring it.
March 20, 2015 10:52AM
Thanks, i'll try a 5.9"x7.9" square and let you know how it goes.
March 31, 2015 05:34PM
Mark,

I'm about a whole 16th out of square. can you direct me to the like for the procedure please?
March 31, 2015 07:54PM
[shopbot.dozuki.com]

Go to the above and run through the second and third procedure.
Fixing one may throw the other out so you may have to go back and forth some.
March 31, 2015 08:57PM
I really appreciate the help Mark. It would seem that the issue i'm having is because the baseplate isn't square (See Pics). It looks to be easy enough to fix and I'll let you know how it goes when i do it.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_7954.JPG (82.3 KB)
open | download - IMG_7956.JPG (118.9 KB)
April 03, 2015 02:54AM
Oh wow, that is out, I am confident that when you get is square things will come togather.
April 13, 2015 08:14PM
Sorry for the delay. After following the guides, I'm back within tolerance. Thanks for the help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.