Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Assistance requested with cut alignment / possible skipping issues

Posted by elalfy296 
Hello,

I would appreciate some advice as to why the cut seems staggered in the model. Cutting around 16,000 rpm 1 inch per second 0.093 inch thick lexan. The overall dimensions are correct but it seems as though the border which is on a separate layer from the calligraphy in the center is staggered such that it interferes with the calligraphy on layer one.

I don't notice any abnormal binding, so just wanted to check and see if I'm missing something obvious. Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
open | download - 2015-07-17 22.06.49.jpg (419.7 KB)
open | download - 2015-07-17 22.07.06.jpg (397.6 KB)
It looks like the border layer was shifted up by about a half inch. When something like this happens to me, the first thing I check is that none of the cut it out of the reachable bounds of the handibot. If the tool was headed to the bottom left corner to start the border cut but ran into a hard stop, it would have completed the cut with the border shifted up by the same distance that the tool tried to move "out of bounds" In this case it looks like you've got your file set up on an 6x8 space which should fit just fine in the handibot's cut area. I'd try zeroing the tool using the C3 command and then checking that it can reach all corners of the cut area using move commands. You could type in "M2,0,0" to check the bottom left corner and "M2,6,8" to check the upper right. As long as your cut file is set to fit within that 6 x 8 space, you should have no trouble.
Can you post your VCarve file that you used to make your toolpath?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.