Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

tiling jig question

Posted by Vogt886 
tiling jig question
July 25, 2015 12:52PM
I was getting ready to do a project using the tiling jig purchased from shop bot. I set the tiles to be the recommended 6x6. However, the "plates' to add to do the next level of tiles appears to be 8 inches. What should my settings look like on the tiling manager to be able to use the jig?? Thanks!
Re: tiling jig question
July 25, 2015 04:33PM
Either that is a misprint or you misread, the tiles are 6 inches in X and 8 inches in Y

There are some good videos on this from shopbot as well as from Vetric. Also, see my instructable.

[www.instructables.com]

Like any new skill with the handi, tiling is challenging at first but is a piece of cake after you get the hang of it. The biggest challenge with the jig is to be careful with placement of the handibot, that is why I suggest pencil marking your board in addition to the jig.

Our friends at shopbot are working hard on a crawler that when it comes out will make this stuff easy-peasy!
July 26, 2015 11:09PM
Thank you that makes sense. It was on that video where I heard the 6x6 so I will change my tiles and things should be a go...of course being new at this I'm sure it will take a bit to get it right...but I am a persistent person. Thanks for the info...looking forward to the crawler!
July 30, 2015 10:58PM
one more thing... hoping to try the tiling tomorrow...when you say to "pencil marking your board in addition to the jig"... where do you pencil mark so you know for sure how far to move the handibot? Thanks, Robin
July 31, 2015 04:05AM
That's right, carefully lay down a 6X8 matrix starting from where your zero point for the project will be. There are cursors cut into the baseplate at both the X and the Y zero. If you use the jig and then index over your 6 inches, you should line up perfectly with your next set of lines. It is what I sometimes call belt and suspenders solution. One could do the job but with both we are sure.

Vogt886 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one more thing... hoping to try the tiling
> tomorrow...when you say to "pencil marking your
> board in addition to the jig"... where do you
> pencil mark so you know for sure how far to move
> the handibot? Thanks, Robin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.