Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

update version

Posted by Vogt886 
update version
August 01, 2015 07:37PM
When I open my shopbot to cut, it tells me I need to update my 'version' (not sure if that's the exact wording). It's done that since I loaded it-and I got the most current upload when it came just a couple weeks ago. is there something I should do? I would have thought the most current update came with the machine... If I need to 'update', what/how do I do that? Thanks, Robin
Re: update version
August 01, 2015 08:46PM
Robin,
They are constantly releasing minor updates, seems that every time I check I am several behind.

I am guessing that since you are getting a message, your version on your pc and the firmware on the bot don't match.

Go get the latest from shopbot and then with everything hooked up tell the control software to update the firmware.

[www.shopbottools.com]

The command to update the firmware is: UI
August 02, 2015 10:05AM
Thanks Mark, I'll do that. And thanks for the very specific instructions! I would have updated my computer probably without having it hooked up to my handibot:-)
August 02, 2015 12:05PM
Ha!, I was not clear, you do not have to be connected to your bot during the download and update but the next time you do conect, isue the UI command and follow the directions that pop up.

Vogt886 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Mark, I'll do that. And thanks for the very
> specific instructions! I would have updated my
> computer probably without having it hooked up to
> my handibot:-)
August 02, 2015 04:54PM
:-) Well that would have worked too! Thanks for the clarification!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.