Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

How do i go to a specific line?

Posted by Vogt886 
How do i go to a specific line?
August 12, 2015 07:42PM
When the router stops and I need to go back to a specific line, how do I do that? I tried reading and saw there's a 2 digit code but wasn't sure what to do... can someone tell me 'specifically' what to do to go to i.e. line 1754? Thanks!! Still learning lots!
Re: How do i go to a specific line?
August 13, 2015 12:29PM
From the "file" menu; select "Goto Line/Single Step". This will open the normal part file load sequence where you will choose the file you want to run and go past the fill-in sheet. It will then bring up a dialog box that asks for the line number that you want to start from. Type this in, and then select "Set up a restart of this file". Click the Go button and the tool will run through the file (without moving) to the point that you selected. Once it has caught up to your chosen start point, click "Run from here" and off it will go!
August 13, 2015 12:34PM
Thanks I'll give this a try!
August 13, 2015 06:56PM
Okay, got to the line number and it brings it up with it highlighted, but I can't find where to go from there. My 'go to' was under edit not file...thanks, Robin
August 23, 2015 10:03PM
Robin,

Rather than editing the file you'll need to be running the file as if you were going to start cutting it from the beginning. However, under the menu from which you select "Part file load" you will be able to instead select "Goto Line". It will appear as though the tool is going to start up running again but it will instead allow you to skip ahead to your chosen section of the file. If you're not seeing this option; make sure that you're running in "full" mode. If you aren't then there will be a question mark button on your position window that you can click and select "switch to full" on the window that pops up. Let me know if this works out!

Brian
August 24, 2015 10:36PM
Thanks Brian, I did finally figure this out...I was in the easy mode and went to full and found what you were referencing. Chipping away at learning-but I am making some progress;-) Thanks again, Robin
August 25, 2015 08:14AM
Glad you got it working! I often forget that the shopbot software starts out in "easy" mode because it's been so long since I switched. Sometimes when I install the software on a new computer I spend 5 minutes trying to figure out where all my buttons went until I realize I'm in easy mode!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.