Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

failmessage SB3

Posted by de Vries408 
failmessage SB3
August 28, 2015 05:15PM
Hello,
Today i received my Handibot. This evening i tried to install but got a fail message, which shown in the attached file.
I'm running Windows 8. Maybe some knows what the problem can be and how to lose it. I tried with the software which
was delivered but i also downloaded the (latest version) software from the Shopbot website. Thanks a lot.
Attachments:
open | download - failmessage shopbot3.pdf (520.8 KB)
Re: failmessage SB3
August 29, 2015 02:03AM
I had a hard time reading the slides, but I did see a runtime error so I'd uninstall everything, delete any directories left over and then reinstall the latest from the website.

If that does not do it I'd call shopbot monday. they have never failed to talk me throught anything.
August 29, 2015 06:44AM
Thanks Mark. I'll try that.
Best reglars,
ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2015 06:45AM by de Vries408.
August 29, 2015 10:33AM
I don't know which version of the ShopBot software you installed originally but there was a Handibot-specific issue in 3.8.26 that caused a runtime error.

There's a thread that talks about it at [handibot.com]

The "works most of the time" workaround is to start the ShopBot software and type "UR" to do a software reset. Answer YES to all the prompts and select the "ShopBot_PRSDesktop2418.sbd" settings file instead of Handibot. Once it's running, do one more "UR" reset and this time select the correct "Handibot.sbd" settings file. That should fix things without doing a software reinstall.

The ShopBot software starts in "Easy Mode" initially which can hides some of these menu items. To see all the commands click on the blue "?" in the red panel and select the "Switch to Full" option. A new panel will open with the full menu of commands.

Bill
August 31, 2015 06:01PM
Hello bill,

Thanks for the time you took to help me.

I tried to start via "shopbot prsdesktop 2418.sdb as you wrote.
Then i got the message " please install the latest control box firmware with the (utilities install) control box firmware command),
and can only choose ok en then i come to the run time error 13 again. i can't reach the utilities menu.

Ragards,

Ben
September 02, 2015 05:58PM
The problem is solved yesterday by Tom (Handibot/Shopbot). Now i start learning to use the Handibot.
September 03, 2015 10:56AM
Excellent! What was the final solution?
September 06, 2015 12:34PM
Hello Bill,

It was something with the language settings.

Regards,

Ben
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.