Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

z suddenly moves slower zeroing

Posted by Vogt886 
z suddenly moves slower zeroing
September 04, 2015 10:40PM
When I am zeroing my z, i have noticed my router moves much slower than it did. It moves at about the speed of when i click 'fixed' but the fixed button is not on and works like it should when i click on it. The x and y movement is fine. Any idea of 'what I've done" :-) and how to fix it? Thanks, Robin
Re: z suddenly moves slower zeroing
September 05, 2015 03:09AM
If z is moving as it has for other uses, a setting has been jogged. One of the shopbot guys will show up and tell us exactly which one but in the meantime just try resetting everything back to default. UR from advanced should do it.
September 05, 2015 09:04AM
Robin, I'm assuming that you're moving the router down to manually zero your z using the keyboard? The VS or MS commands bring up the move speed fill-in sheet. You can type in a more appropriate speed there (maybe 1 in/sec). These speeds are displayed on the left side of the command console. Check to see what the z move speed is displayed as when you pull up your keyboard controls.
September 05, 2015 10:20PM
Thanks Brian, that worked great! It had gotten set at 0.05-figured I did something since that's what the fixed rate is.
September 05, 2015 11:07PM
BTW Robin, of all the mods and accessoriesI I have bought or made, the Z touch plate is one of the most useful. Search here and you will find directions.
October 13, 2015 03:28PM
Thanks Mark, I have looked at how them but not sure I'm smart enough to put it togethersmiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.