Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Re: Introduce yourself

Posted by Dolin 
December 09, 2015 06:32AM
Well, hope this is going into the proper folder. I don't have a lot of forum experience. In introduction, I answer to Dolin but will probably answer to Hey You also. I had a full career as Operations manager for an Aerospace firm in Colorado. I've been retired for 10 years and have enjoyed pursuing my lifelong hobby in woodworking and gardening. Over the past few years my interests have been in lathe work and making hollow vessels. I recently, 3 weeks ago, had a total knee replacement which has sidelined me somewhat. My sons decided among themselves that I needed a new hobby to challenge myself with and so for a combined birthday and Christmas gift presented me with a new Handibot. After the initial shock wore off I discussed the importance of college funds for the grandchildren and why that money invested would add to a retirement fund for them some day, but secretly it was hard to contain the excitement of all the possibilities this new tool opens up. One thing that immediately came to mind was a doll house and furniture for my new granddaughter.
I look forward to following the forum and learning from the more experienced people on the site.
Dolin
December 09, 2015 09:18AM
Hey You! glad to have you join us. What a nice gift to receive!
I've lately taken to making a lot small things out of luan board. Its really easy to take a large sheet and just move the handibot around on top of it to cut out a variety of parts. This might work well for your dollhouse furniture.
As you get started, don't hesitate to come in and ask questions!

Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.