Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

basic question

Posted by Vogt886 
basic question
December 14, 2015 08:21PM
I've been using the handibot for several months now and enjoy it. I have a basic question I'm sure... If I do an x/y zero then go to zero my z axis, I have the ability to move the x and y at that point as well. Sometimes I would like to move it .25 to be right at the edge. If I (after I have alredy zeroed my x/y), move my y .25 and my z to top of plate, and click both the y and z to zero, does this change it? And, if I am tiling, is this applied each time I move the handibot (I figure it is)... if, for some reason, I would have to rezero the x/y, would I have to move it and zero it at i.e. .25 again?

And, if I did this, I'm assuming I could only move 7.75 inches if it's the 8 because of the .25 adjustment?

Thanks for info-hope it makes sense. Robin
Re: basic question
December 15, 2015 03:03AM
Yes, any time you tell the ShopBot software and the handibot is at zero for a particular axis then that becomes the new zero.

The handibot has just ever so slightly over 6" of travel in X and 8" in Y, if you want to tile and use an offset zero you will need to set up smaller tiles in Vcarve. They can be any size as long as they are small enough to not run out of travel. In the scenario you describe I would drop the tiles back to 5x7" to keep the math simple. Now doing this will render any indexing jig from the handibot guys useless but you can slide it along a straight edge for indexing just fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2015 01:45AM by Mark Evans.
Re: basic question
December 15, 2015 09:40PM
Thank you! I'll be glad when you finess the crawler:-) Robin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.