Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Handibot Shop Demos

Handibot Shop Demos
December 16, 2015 03:34PM
We get a lot of requests from prospective customers to demonstrate the capability of the Handibot. I've decided to start recording all these demos to hopefully help other people decide if Handibot is the right tool for them. I thought y'all might also be interested in seeing some of the more unique demos that we do in the shop...could give you some ideas! I'll update this thread every time we create a new one.
Re: Handibot Shop Demos
December 16, 2015 03:35PM
[youtu.be] demo with customer from Brazil that came by to pick up his new handibot. He's a 6 year shopbotter who is getting back into the CNC game after having to sell his Buddy when he moved to Brazil. We showed him a nice v-carving in painted wood.
December 16, 2015 03:36PM
[www.youtube.com] Andy and I did a customer demo today for cutting polycrete. A kind of fiberglass.
December 16, 2015 03:36PM
Dave did a demo for a customer today that wanted to engrave and cut out magnesium plates. Handibot did great! [www.youtube.com]
March 21, 2016 06:58PM
[www.youtube.com]

Engraving a logo on steel plate
April 26, 2016 03:25PM
Did a demo for a guy the other day who wanted to cut mounting holes in aluminum frames for door hardware. The aluminum was 1/8" thick and I used a 1/4 O flute Up Cut bit

[www.youtube.com]
April 27, 2016 12:20AM
Impressive, now I want 2.0 more than ever. I have done aluminum with the kickstarter unit but I had to take about .01 passes.
1/4 with 4 passes would be sweet.

Brian Owen, ShopBot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did a demo for a guy the other day who wanted to
> cut mounting holes in aluminum frames for door
> hardware. The aluminum was 1/8" thick and I used a
> 1/4 O flute Up Cut bit
>
> [www.youtube.com]
April 27, 2016 09:30AM
Mark,

I hope that I wasn't misleading in the editing of that video--I still, as a rule, take 0.01" passes no matter what size ShopBot I'm using. However, I could defnitely have been more aggressive here because I came back with a full depth finishing pass to clean up the edges.

Brian
April 27, 2016 11:04AM
I was, thanx for the clarification. sad smiley

Still a nice demo.

Brian Owen, ShopBot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mark,
>
> I hope that I wasn't misleading in the editing
> of that video--I still, as a rule, take 0.01"
> passes no matter what size ShopBot I'm using.
> However, I could defnitely have been more
> aggressive here because I came back with a full
> depth finishing pass to clean up the edges.
>
> Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.