Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Y axis frustration( possible x as well)

Posted by Daniel 
Y axis frustration( possible x as well)
January 23, 2016 12:42PM
I am having major issues with the y axis slop on my Handibot and I don't know what to do to fix it.

When it moves forward and backward I can visibly see that the right side of the machine where the drive screw is starts moving first followed by the left side I have checked it for square and depending on whether it was moving forward or backward at the point that it reaches the edge of the base plate it will be out of square one direction one way or the other by at least 1/16th of an inch.

I was trying to run a program with slots for louver fins and depending on the angle the slots come out over 1mm different in size. I used to be able to cut these no problem I don't know why now it is an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan
Attachments:
open | download - louver fin test pic.PNG (3.3 KB)
open | download - IMG_20160123_113318.jpg (348.7 KB)
Re: Y axis frustration( possible x as well)
January 26, 2016 05:16PM
Hey Dan, sorry I didn't see this earlier! It's possible that your bearings are seizing up on the y-axis. Try a couple of things to narrow it down. First try switching the power off and pushing the handibot back and forth in the y-axis direction. If you feel some resistance there, grab the toolkit that came with your tool and take the y-bearings loose one by one by removing the 4 screws holding them in place. After loosening each bearing, slide it back and forth and see if you can find which bearing is binding up. Let me know what you find!

Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.