Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

attemping to make an indexing jig factory

Posted by berry808 
attemping to make an indexing jig factory
November 19, 2014 12:30AM
handibot Automatic indexing jig: [youtu.be]

After doing some basic projects, i wanted to learn more of the internals of how the handibot works. So i sought out to modify one of Erics projects to cut my jig out of scrap.
It worked on the dry run. But the table/wood i have is less than ideal and got bound up with the sawdust in the last bit of video.

Thanks Eric Schimelpfenig for the ideas and cut files.
That's awesome!! I take it you got the custom post processor to work?
Re: attemping to make an indexing jig factory
December 17, 2014 07:37PM
thanks!

didnt use the post processor. just manually edited your pipe code with a few find/replaces. and called your other code from the indexing jig. works a ton better with MDF than the random scrap i was using. Im working on adding number carving now.
Just stumbled across this one ... very neat! ... glad to see that others are exploring these kinds of automation options.

We showed Eric's video in the Handibot booth at a robotics show in December. There was a lot of interest ...

Elsewhere here, Sallye Coye has shown a little system for moving pre-cut blanks in and out of the Handibot bay for teaching kids how to program their names into small plaques.

We have our eyes out for other ways to add more general purpose robotic functionality and material handling to Handibot's capabilities. Look forward to hearing more from people puttering with the tools ...

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools
If you need any help feel free to reach out to me, I'd be happy to guide you through it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.