Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Handibot problems

Posted by Daniel 
Handibot problems
March 29, 2015 12:30AM
Hi everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me out. While my handibot is cutting out a part that I programmed after cutting for a little bit it will either freeze or skip and then start cutting in the completely wrong spot. I believe it is due to an issue with the x motor because when I touch all of the different motors they seem rather cool to slightly warm but the x motor could burn if I put my hand there for any length of time.

I am currently running the program with a feed rate of .75in per sec with a depth of .2", which seems decent to me, but I am cutting walnut hardwood. Should I be running it even slower? Or is it more likely that something is really wrong with the motor.

It seems to vary whether it does its skip and cutting while it is plunged in the cut or while it is moving to do the next cut above the material.

It is very frustrating because I am doing a tiled tool path and I will get most of the way through a piece and them it is completely ruined.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan
Re: Handibot problems
March 29, 2015 12:51AM
Forgot to mention. I couldn't figure out why my red and green buttons on thee machine weren't functioning and as it turns out they are in reverse and the red button starts it and green button stops it ????
March 29, 2015 12:58AM
Daniel:
normally I'd say feed is too fast but with your x motor getting hot with your y and z not as well as your buttons being reversed I would say you either have a conviguration problem or a controler fail.

I'd call Shopbot first thing Monday and get it straight.
March 31, 2015 11:45AM
Daniel,

Have you had a chance to call in to our tech support team? They'll be able to walk you through a couple of troubleshooting steps that may help with your problem. Hopefully we can find a quick fix but if not, they should be able to help us narrow down the source of the problem. You can reach us at 919-680-4800 or (Toll Free) 1-888-680-4466.

Brian
April 06, 2015 01:52PM
Please see the discussion: [handibot.com] you maybe seeing another symptom of the problem we have been seeing.

Cheers,

M
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.