Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Short video of 2.0 prototype

Posted by Mark Evans 
Short video of 2.0 prototype
May 17, 2015 10:41AM
Thanx to shopbot for posting. Looks exciting.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Short video of 2.0 prototype
May 28, 2015 03:20PM
Thanks for posting a link to the video Mark! I went into a little more detail about Maker Faire and our work on Handibot 2.0 in this month's development report on the blog: [handibot.com]
May 29, 2015 02:12AM
Thanx for the great write-up Brian, I am really excited about what will be coming down the pike in the next several months.
As I had told Ted when I saw the first version of the accessory frame, I knew it would make a great start for several types of jigs. I am glad to see that I was right on that and look forward to working up some edge and end cutting jigs.

I continue to be amazed at the talent Ted manages to surround himself with, everyone in the company that I have had dealing with is amazing.
June 20, 2015 11:56AM
The V2 definitely fixes my main issue with the HB, namely access to the router and material. Really like the new design, and FabMo looks like a great upgrade also.

Any ETA on when it will actually be shipping?

RMW
June 23, 2015 03:13PM
Richard,

I'm glad that you're excited about the design changes for the new version of Handibot! Lately I've been busy trying to wrap up work on the rotary axis and organize the production of that kit (as you may see from the backorder status in the store, I still have some work to do!) I've been making some design changes to HB 2 based on internal and customer feedback over the last month and I'm hoping to built another prototype by the end of the month. As I do this, I'll be updating my model in Fusion 360 which will be publicly available for inspection here: [myhub.autodesk360.com]
Once I've got a final version of the new tool, I'll be a little more comfortable estimating the time to release. For now I'm aiming at a late summer/early fall release.

Brian
June 23, 2015 06:32PM
I'm looking forward to purchasing the Handibot at the end of the year and I'm pleased that version 2 will probably be available.
I was just looking at the shop and saw a note for international purchases.

Will version 2 be compatible with international power supply?
June 24, 2015 03:41PM
Dave,

Handibot 2.0 will have international versions as well; just like version 1.1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.