Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

More 2.0 questions

Posted by Mark Evans 
More 2.0 questions
April 10, 2016 12:23AM
The first really good photo shoot of the 2.0 are up at the G+ owners group and they are generating more questions for me.

Is the laser alignment tool from 1.x still usable on 2.0? If not, are we working on something?

Can the dust collection be easily removed and reinstalled for use on the accessory base?
Re: More 2.0 questions
April 10, 2016 11:10AM
Mark,

The original laser alignment tool will work on the new handibot. I've built a prototype of a new version that will clip into the same magnetic part of the router bracket that the dust foot clips to--I'm thinking it will be even easier to use than the original.

The hose for the dust collection simply screws into the mid-plate of the exoframe. It's a left handed thread so you just twist it clockwise to remove it. The dust foot just clips in magnetically to the router bracket, so it is quick to remove.
April 10, 2016 06:21PM
Brian Owen, ShopBot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mark,
>
> The original laser alignment tool will work on
> the new handibot. I've built a prototype of a new
> version that will clip into the same magnetic part
> of the router bracket that the dust foot clips
> to--I'm thinking it will be even easier to use
> than the original.
That is great, all I ask for myself and others on the alignment tool is to make it have the lines cross at 90d alined with the X and Y. The one I did ,did that but yours did not and I can tell you that there are some real advantages to this.

>
> The hose for the dust collection simply screws
> into the mid-plate of the exoframe. It's a left
> handed thread so you just twist it clockwise to
> remove it. The dust foot just clips in
> magnetically to the router bracket, so it is quick
> to remove.
Great!
April 12, 2016 09:39AM
Mark,

Something I've discovered with those line lasers that we get from adafruit--the little filters that they pop in front of the lasers to create the line are not always installed perpendicular to the laser...this means that the lines are sometimes a bit skewed so even when the sight is designed to have the lines at a perfect 90 degree angle, a smaller angle is sometimes required to make them meet at the tool tip. I've looked into alternative vendors for the lasers but because the lasers are already a huge part of the price of the accessory I'm hesitant to go with even more expensive lasers (hoping to keep the price down).

I'm going to run a test batch of new laser sights today...I thought y'all might like a sneak peak at what a new laser sight might look like on the HB2. Take a look at the attached photos.

Brian
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_2872.JPG (1.58 MB)
open | download - IMG_2873.JPG (1.26 MB)
April 12, 2016 08:38PM
Oh man! attachments are not working. Got Dropbox links?
April 13, 2016 04:52PM
Hmm not working for me either...

Try this link for pics: [www.dropbox.com]

Also, I just released it on the web-store: [store.handibot.com]
April 14, 2016 01:07AM
Oh yeah, that looks nice!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.