Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

New option for downloading handibot hardware

Hey everyone, I've been searching for a good app that I can use to keep up to date models of the handibot online. I wanted it to be easy to use (sorry github) and free for everyone (sorry dropbox). So I found GrabCAD today. Take a look and let me know what you think: [workbench.grabcad.com]

This repository has all the models, drawings, cut files and user docs that I've created so far. I'll try to get the other products up there soon.
Very, very nice. We are looking fwd to seeing accessories here.
I love the way everything about the physical handibot is now in one place. Congratulations on a great find.
Hopefully I can get others to upload some of the electronics stuff as well--trying to get people excited about it in the main office right now.
FabMo apps are still in github right now but will also be in the web-store (free). We're trying to do that in case people outside of shopbot want to make apps and try selling them.
Working on getting the laser sight uploaded--take a look! Hopefully the BOM looks OK; I'm working on the one for handibot (I keep making little tweaks to the assembly process so the BOM is still in flux).
Very nice again, almost a shame I bought the laser guide with the original purchase.

I am wanting to try HDPE, perhaps when you get the bit holder up. I'd love to put two of them on the back of the bot.

Brian Owen, ShopBot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Working on getting the laser sight uploaded--take
> a look! Hopefully the BOM looks OK; I'm working on
> the one for handibot (I keep making little tweaks
> to the assembly process so the BOM is still in
> flux).
Oh yea, the bit holder is an easy one--no soldering required and can be made with bits that came with the tool. The only reason that I didn't include that one with the base tool is that the magnets that go into it are kinda pricey and I didn't want to force people to pay for something that doesn't really increase the core functionality of the tool.
Hi

GrabCAD seem to be a really good choice, I also agree about Github, never seemed very intuitive to me in the past :-)

There seems to be an issue with the PDF cut files, they have all come out as bit image files rather than as vector - is this an issue with the originals or just with GrabCAD ?

Cheers

Neil
Those PDFs are actually the instruction sheets that I make for the guys who cut the parts here--they're just there in case someone wants to know what type of material or cutter to use. To get the vector files, just download the .crv and open it in vCarve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.