Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Anyone ever use this?

Posted by Mark Evans 
Anyone ever use this?
December 30, 2016 02:53PM
I ran across this at the local HomeDepot last night and was wondering if anyone had tried it?

At $55 a 2x4 sheet it is not cheap but considering it is local pickup I was wondering how well it would work with a handibot.

[www.kingplastic.com]
Re: Anyone ever use this?
December 30, 2016 06:17PM
Oh I'll bet either Bill or Ted (being boat guys) have used this before. I'll check with them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2016 06:49PM by Brian Owen, ShopBot.
December 30, 2016 06:47PM
According to Bill, it's a nicer version of HDPE and machines just as well--but at that price point is only a little bit more expensive than what we make the handibot out of--nice find! How thick is it?
December 30, 2016 06:55PM
Brian Owen, ShopBot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to Bill, it's a nicer version of HDPE an
> d machines just as well--but at that price point i
> s only a little bit more expensive than what we ma
> ke the handibot out of--nice find! How thick is it
> ?

It is 1/2 in. nominal, don't know what it mikes out to. I'll have to pick up a sheet and check out how well it does. If it machines as well as HDPE I can see going through a lot of this for jigs, templets, and fixtures.
December 30, 2016 07:04PM
Definitely! great to know its available at a regular hardware store!
December 31, 2016 09:34AM
I'm super jeleous!

This stuff is pretty great. If you are into making signs - the ColorCore is great as well. It has an interior color with a smal (.08 ish) skin of a different color on the outsides. It is super durable outdoors. (same company - King Plastics).

The only people that have it around here are hours away and only sell it in full sheets. I think it is around $125 for a 4x8 sheet of 1/4" material.

Fortunately, I have an excellent hardwood supplier nearby - so I gravitated toward working with wood.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.