Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Zeroing from material

Posted by G2 
Zeroing from material
September 17, 2017 06:03PM
I have attempted the macro installed to zero from the bed without success. Once I click resume because I have already completed Macro 3 it does noting. Any ideas?
Re: Zeroing from material
September 18, 2017 01:08PM
Macro 3 will restore a previous z zero measurement and home the x and y axes. To measure a new bit--you'll need to use macro 2 which adds in the z zero plate routine.
September 19, 2017 08:31AM
The zero plate works well if the handibot sit on the material. My issue is my material is in a jig or inside the base. I think the macro is 78 that. Says zero from material.
September 22, 2017 09:16AM
I highly recommend the "Quick Bit Z-Zero Plate" accessory that is somewhat new in the store. That is the exact purpose for this -- you set the plate on top of your material, press a button in Fabmo, the bit comes down, it detects the pressure and sets z-zero automatically. Has saved a lot of time.
September 26, 2017 04:15PM
To add respond to the post above--you can also change the offset of your Z Zero plate--in the "preferences" tab of the Fire-Up app. the setting there now should be something close to 0.75" which we set when we tested your tool in the factory. That setting simply means that there is 0.75" of space between the top of your Z Zero plate and the bottom of the handibot (the usual location for the top of the material).

If you zero your bit using the z zero plate and then manually move the bit down until it touches the material...the amount that you've "gone negative" in the z axis is the extra amount you need to add to your "z zero plate thickness" to get the right offset for what you're working on.

Does that make sense?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.