Indexer with sb4/fabmo
May 27, 2016 10:08PM
Brian or anyone that has 2.0 and the indexer,,, HELP! I have no idea how to enable it in sb4/fabmo. Is there a way to load my sb3 profile or do we have to hand jam it again? If there is not profile support we REALLY need that as it is a big thing for making temporary changes and then reverting back to a known good setup.

Thanx to anyone that can help

M
Re: Indexer with sb4/fabmo
May 29, 2016 10:00AM
Mark,

I've passed along your request for profile support to the FabMo guys and they've moved that up on their list of features to add in coming updates. Most important of course is sorting out the accessory driver function. This was a bit of a mistake on my part, not letting them know how crucial fourth axis support was going to be right out of the gate for people who already owned rotary axes.

I've used the rotary axis with FabMo by making a few tweaks to my Driver Channel assignments and Unit Values. It's a little bit of a pain but I hope that it might help you out while we work on the update which should be coming in a week or so.

Take a look at this guide I created and see if it makes sense: [www.dropbox.com]

You'll have to do a little math--and I apologize for the complications. We're working to get it sorted out and should be OK soon!

Brian
May 29, 2016 10:58AM
I just type a long reply but by the time I finished I'd been logged out! angry smiley

I have DeskProto files ready to cut if we can just get the acc. channel working and interpreting correctly.

Doesn't matter if the DRO is reading in inches, I could write down some equivalences.

I know these are X.0 problems with sb4.000000betabetabeta but I'd give $100 right now to have a usb port in the side with SB3 support. smoking smiley

Are the dialog boxes gone or not needed in SB4? For instance, VD in SB3 brings up a dialog where I would set a copel of things for indexer use but in SB4 no dialog pops up?

Thanx for any help

M
May 29, 2016 01:49PM
Mark,

Many of the settings that you could tweak in SB3 can now be found in the configurations menu in FabMo. Dialog boxes don't work quite the same in FabMo as they did in SB3--but from my talks with the FabMo guys this is something that will be addressed on an app level rather than writing SBP code that prompts questions. Most of the commands still work in SB4 even though they don't bring up dialog windows (MS,.. for example).

If you take a look on the inside of your control box under the power entry you'll notice that there is a thin walled cutout for either usb or ethernet support should that be needed for some features down the road.

Are your desk proto files already calling out MB moves? If you can process the file to swap MX for MB then you could get the tool working using the method that I described. The trick is that the three active axes need to be on channels 1, 2 and 3 for the time being.

We're plugging away at this stuff and I'll keep reminding everyone what the important items are for hardware stuff. Thanks for working with me on this!

Brian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.