Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

V1 Connectivity and Software

Posted by dalrun 
V1 Connectivity and Software
April 16, 2019 01:48PM
I'm a volunteer at a local makerspace trying to get a V1 Handibot running. The only thing I've found at the makerspace is the documentation with serial numbers. Is there a way to get the original software, e.g. VCarve?

I've tried to get it running using Sb3.8.50 with the handibot v1 profile but the software is not finding the Handibot. The Handibot seems OK, it lights up and the drives lock. The PC I've been using only has USB3, is USB2 still a requirement? Is there anything else I might be missing/doing wrong? Thanks.
Re: V1 Connectivity and Software
April 17, 2019 01:02AM
Unless the unit has been officially transferred to the maker space I don't know if you will be able to download Vcarve or not? Most any software that will produce G code will work but Vcarve is far and away the best. Maybe (and I'm not staff so I can't promise), but maybe with the SN, you can get the unit transferred.

As to the SB software, I am guessing that the board will need to be flashed to work with the latest version. There is a utility buried in there, I think under help that will start a card update.

Your best bet is to call during the day. The SB staff are SUPER helpful.
Re: V1 Connectivity and Software
April 17, 2019 01:00PM
Thanks. The Makerspace managers name is on the documentation. Not being able to connect to the Handibot rules out flashing (tried, its in the Utility menu along with a no values diagnostics page). I'll try from another PC, one that has USB2. I thought USB3 was backwards compatible, but the V1 docs say "The HandiBot requires one USB 2.0 port for connection (USB 3.0 is not currently supported)."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.