Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Connectivity question

Posted by tsipe 
Connectivity question
June 01, 2016 02:40PM
As I wait for my new Handibot to be delivered I was browsing the existing documentation and am not totally clear about getting a toolpath file created in Aspire/VCarve over to the Handibot. Is there still a usb port somewhere that I need to plug a PC with the SB control software into and run it like all of the other Shopbots, or do I copy it via wireless using the dashboard?
Thanks...Tom
Re: Connectivity question
June 01, 2016 03:45PM
Tom,

The FabMo dashboard is a web browser based program. You'll log into your tool and pull up its IP address in your web browser. Sending a cut file to the tool works about the same as attaching a file to an email. You click a button and locate the file on your computer. When on your phone you can also pull from something like dropbox if you keep your cut files "in the cloud"

Brian
June 01, 2016 06:23PM
Excellent. Thanks Brian. And the dashboard resides on the Edison?
...and you don't need to answer my questions here if it delays me from getting my Handibot. :-)
June 01, 2016 09:09PM
I'm teething on my 2.0 right now so I'll answer. Yes, everything is on sbc except for the cut files and even those seem to get cached. I have not tried a lot of devices but it looks like anything with a complaint browser will run it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.