Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Parts And Repairs - Limit Switches

Posted by neuf 
Parts And Repairs - Limit Switches
December 04, 2013 09:01PM
I was wondering where to get parts for our HandiBots? In particular, I need a replacement limit switch. Ours arrived with the Y-limit switch cracked, and although it activates when finger-pressed, it does not activate when it is depressed by the chamfer in the Y-axis guide-rail.

I tried to find it on DigiKey and Mouser, looking for "Surface-Mount" and "Detector" type switches, but no luck so far. There are thousands of them, literally.

Perhaps someone could direct me to an actual parts list for the HandiBot, or give me the part number/manufacturer for the limit switches?

Thanks!
Re: Parts And Repairs - Limit Switches
December 06, 2013 08:03AM
Hi Glenn,

Sorry to hear that your limit switch was damaged in shipping. That is a warranty issue and we can ship a replacement for you today. Please private message me and we will arrange the details.
December 27, 2013 06:49PM
D-

PM's you - did you get it. I PM's last week, but it didn;t go through I think, so I PM'd you again...
December 28, 2013 04:39PM
Hi Glen,

Your second PM did make it. We'll get a switch sent out to Karim this week.

Best,
David
December 28, 2013 04:41PM
Excellent! Thanks for your help!
January 19, 2014 03:02AM
I started using my handibot today and noticed same issue when using c3 function. It just keep going on Y.
I too found damaged Y axis prox. switch damaged.
For now I just swapped with Z axis one.
How do I get replacement?

Bob
January 20, 2014 07:36AM
Hi Bob,

PM me with your shipping address and we will get a switch coming your way. If you are able to take a picture of the switch and attach it to the PM, I'd like to see how the switch failed.

Thanks,

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.