Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

V-Carve Pro Post Processors

Posted by Richard 
V-Carve Pro Post Processors
June 14, 2016 10:21AM
I have V-Carve Pro 7.5 HB edition from my purchase of a KS HandiBot. I also have another grbl based cnc machine, would like to use V-Carve with it as well. I located a suitable post processor (for Shapeoko) and added it to the PostP folder but it does not appear as an option when I restart V-Carve.

My question is whether the HB edition of VCP has been crippled to prevent the use of additional post processors.

Thanks in advance.

RMW
Re: V-Carve Pro Post Processors
June 14, 2016 01:02PM
Richard,

The ShopBot version of vCarve only supports shopbot post processors. I guess you could call it "crippled" but it is more of an agreement that we have with vectric that allows us to package their software (normally $700) with our tools at a discounted rate.

Brian
June 15, 2016 11:54AM
Thanks Brian, I thought this might be the case. "Crippled" was too strong a word and not intended as derogatory, I should have said "intentionally limited".

Looks like I need to steep myself in Fusion 360.

RMW
June 16, 2016 01:32AM
I love Fusion 360 for design work but so far I have always gone to Vcarve or DeskProto for tool pathing. If you get tool paths down in Fusion please share. On the other hand, it might be worth your $$ to buy the universal version of Vcarve or even Aspire ($$$$). A lot would just depend on what you do and all.

Richard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Brian, I thought this might be the case.
> "Crippled" was too strong a word and not intended
> as derogatory, I should have said "intentionally
> limited".
>
> Looks like I need to steep myself in Fusion 360.
>
> RMW
June 16, 2016 10:33AM
I do believe that Vectric offers an upgrade from the ShopBot version of vCarve pro...cheaper than buying the whole program again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.