Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Accessory base cut files

Posted by RS 
Accessory base cut files
July 08, 2016 02:04PM
I noticed looking at the Accessory base in the shop there is a 6-8 week lead time. I was a little disappointed until I saw the link about rotary machining that also linked to an Accessory DIY instructions.

However, I can't find actual dimensions or cut files on the Base anywhere. I see a full BOM, but was hoping to find some cad or cut files. Are these released anywhere? Seems silly to have a DIY instruction set when you can't cut the base? Or does the kit come unassembled and you have to put it together yourself?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2016 02:04PM by RS.
Re: Accessory base cut files
July 08, 2016 03:25PM
Oops! not sure how that lead time got set so high--but I've fixed it in the store to be 1 week.

I'm working on getting files uploaded for cutting your own accessory base though--will try to get them up this weekend if you'd like to make your own!
July 29, 2016 01:07PM
Just wanted to bump this and see if you had a chance to look at cut files. I'm probably going to pull the trigger and buy an accessory base, but I'd love to be able to make different sleds - and a cad file/model would be very helpful!

Thanks!
August 01, 2016 01:00AM
BUMP

I'd love to buy or make additional sleds as well. I love this accessory but don't want to tear down the rotary tool to set up other things.
August 01, 2016 11:10AM
Yes! and Mark, I did see your email--I made the mistake of reading it while I was on vacation in Asheville last weekend--so of course I forgot about it completely by the time I got back to work. I started to work on getting these models up last night but ended up messing with a video of some handibotting that I was doing during the day: [www.youtube.com]

I'm about to get distracted by a meeting in a few minutes but I'll see how far I can get on putting those cut files up.
August 01, 2016 11:18AM
Well that was a lot easier than I thought it would be--I had kept this one a bit better organized so it didn't take long to find all the pertinent files: [workbench.grabcad.com]

Let me know if there is any more info that you need!
August 01, 2016 02:45PM
Thanks so much!
August 02, 2016 02:30AM
Yes, thanx for getting these up. I'm still interested in buying an extra sled or two if you guys are interested in selling that way. If not, we have the files now.
August 13, 2016 04:28PM
BUMP

I meant to get up an accessory order this last week. Maybe this next week. I'd like to combine shipping if you are willing to sell just sleds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.