Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

How to reset when limit hit?

Posted by stevempotter 
How to reset when limit hit?
August 14, 2016 06:51AM
When I hit FabMo's "Move home" button after setting my XYZ home and tool height, it moves, then gets stuck near or at 0,0. The STOP button is still flashing so I think it thinks it is still executing the move and has hit the limit for some reason. How do I get it out of this stuck state without power-cycling the whole machine and having to re-connect and re-start Fabmo? Hitting the hardware Stop button on the machine does nothing, and clicking the software STOP button does nothing. The move controls are gone from the interface. I can't seem to do anything but turn it all off and start over. This would be pretty bad if I were in the middle of a big job.
Does the Move Home button do the right thing for you guys?

Thanks,
Steve
Re: How to reset when limit hit?
August 14, 2016 07:38AM
It seems even the Move to Center button causes the machine to get stuck, so it is not a problem with limits being hit. So I can't use any of those buttons in FabMo. Just have to move manually and hope I don't go too far and hit a limit.
Again, any advice on how to unstick it without power-cycling?

Thanks,
Steve
August 15, 2016 06:36AM
Hey Steve,

When you are getting that problem are you using the tool in "Direct" AP mode or are you on a network?

And, can you remember what you are typically doing just before you make the problem move?

Thanks,

Ted Hall, Handibot/ShopBot
August 15, 2016 06:44AM
I am using a network. It happens when I am just finished setting 0,0,0, and then I hit a button to Move to Center or Move Home or hit one of the orange numbers next to the X, Y, or Z coordinates. It executes the move then gets stuck with the STOP rectangle flashing. All I can do (after power cycling and resetting zero) is to nudge it bit by bit to the right place or type in coordinates.

Is there any better way to get out of a stuck state than power cycling? Ideally a way that preserves where home is.

Thanks,
Steve
August 17, 2016 04:49PM
Ted,

Any advice on this problem of my Handibot getting stuck?
Is power-cycling the only way to unstick it?

Thanks,
Steve
Anonymous User
August 18, 2016 01:28PM
Steve,

A few questions:

What version of the tool software are you running?
To determine the version, click Configuration in the left sidebar, and look at the top right corner - the software version number will be something of the form: v1.2.0, or may be a more cryptic looking hash, such as: a24fed56.

Does refreshing the fabmo interface in your browser have any impact on the apparent "stuckness" of the tool? (ie does the stop button go away?)
It may be that the tool itself isn't stuck, but that the user interface is hung up.

When in the "stuck" state - can you retrieve the tool log? This is achieved by visiting the tool url /log (http://192.168.42.1/log, for instance)
If you can post the contents of the log here as an attachment, it may give some insight into what's going wrong with your tool.

-R
August 18, 2016 04:14PM
Hi Ryan,

1. I have recently updated to v1.2.0 (which caused lockout problems, now solved, see my other Topic) and I see the FabMo Engine is Linux v1.5.0

2. I connected in AP mode just now, with my home's wifi turned off, and reproduced the problem: Set 0,0,0 and Measure Bit Length. All OK. Manual nudges, no problem. Now try to go to Home or Center with a green FabMo Interface button and it gets stuck.
Refreshing the FabMo interface by closing the browser window, opening a new one, and going back to 192.168.42.1 again, I see the STOP light is still flashing red. Nothing can be done without power cycling at this point, I think.

3. I attach the /log file here while it was in the stuck state. I wish there were time stamps on this...I think the bottom of the log is more recent than the top?
I hope you can look at the right place and see immediately what the problem is.

Thanks!
Steve
Attachments:
open | download - SteveMPotterHandiBotlog8-18-16.txt (79.5 KB)
September 11, 2016 09:42AM
Any progress on debugging my problem since my Aug 18 post?

Thanks,
Steve
Anonymous User
September 11, 2016 10:43PM
Steve,

Thanks for your patience, we have been in the midst of several software fixes, including some that should bring a resolution to your issue.

First, connect your handibot to the internet, and conduct a software update, to bring it to the latest version (v1.2.2) - we have introduced software patches that may have an impact on your performance.

Just to make sure you're totally up-to-date. Let's do a firmware update as well, by doing the following:

1. Access the configuration page by clicking "Configuration" in the left sidebar of your tool's dashboard.
  2. Click the version number at the top right corner of the configuration interface. If the update you performed above was done correctly, this version number should read v1.2.2 - you may have to expand the top bar of the configuration page to access the version number link, if you are on mobile or a small screen.
  3. Choose "Firmware Updates" on the left sidebar of the updater interface which was brought up in step 2.
  4. Click the blue "Update Firmware" button, and wait for the operation to complete. In the console at the bottom of the updater window, it should finish with "Firmware Update was Successful" or a similar message.
  5. Power cycle your tool and conduct your test again.

If this does not resolve your issue, please report back here, and we'll see what further we can do to get it resolved.
September 26, 2016 02:27PM
Thanks, Ryan, those updates seem to have fixed the problem of it getting stuck when using the green move macro buttons.
Back to my original question, if it were to get stuck again, is there any way to unstick it without power cycling, which might ruin a multi-part job?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.