Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

No AP mode WIFI broadcast

Posted by Russ Miller 
No AP mode WIFI broadcast
September 08, 2016 12:20PM
After a recent software update I was unable to switch back to AP mode. The Handibot is also no longer connected to the wifi used for the update, so I tried to reset via the small black button near the Edison board.

This has been unsuccessful so far. ( I unplugged the main power cord, disconnected the USB on top of the Edison board to get access to the reset button, which I pressed and held for a good 30 seconds. )

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Russ
Re: No AP mode WIFI broadcast
September 08, 2016 12:45PM
Russ,

I replied to your email as well but I'll post a reply here as well for others' information.

There is a Tool Finder program that we've written for locating your tool on the network (it's possible that it is on a local wifi network). You can download it here: [handibot.com]

You can also try the alternative method for sending the tool to AP mode--pressing and holding the green button on the top of the tool for 10 seconds.
September 08, 2016 02:44PM
Thanks Brian. The Tool Finder did not find the Handibot on my local wifi networks. Also pushing and holding the green button did not result in a fabmo wifi broadcast.
September 08, 2016 05:43PM
Russ,

I'm sorry to hear that those steps didn't work. I'm still working with the Fabmo guys on a fix for you. The fastest way that I can see to fix this is to have a new card flashed for you and overnighted to you. I know that you also need to use an indexer so we will make sure that the unit values are set up correctly for that.

One last thing to check...are you able to access the updated by typing :81 after the IP you use to connect to the tool? I know you said it wasn't broadcasting in AP but I thought it might be worth a try. If you can get to the updater, you can run a factory reset which should restore the dashboard
September 08, 2016 11:19PM
right now it does not connect to my router, nor can I connect to it directly so I can"t reach the updater

It acts like it is still connected to a wireless lan, but there is only one network it can join and that router doesn't show it as connected.

if you could send a replacement card I would appreciate it.

Russ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.