Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

For anyone having FabMo connection trouble

For anyone having FabMo connection trouble
November 04, 2016 09:45AM
Last week, we discovered that our tools here were suddenly having problems getting on the network. It seemed like pressing the "connect" button wasn't doing anything and then we'd get an error. The weird thing was, it was happening in every browser, with every tool, no matter which version of the FabMo software we tried. We've been trying to track down the source of the error (some kind of security change in browsers following that big DDoS attack on October 21??)...in the meantime we've released an update that fixes this error. However, your tool needs to connect to the internet to download the update! So for anyone stranded in AP mode, I've put together a document describing a work around for getting online to perform the update. You'll find it at the top of the handibot docs page here: [handibot.com]

Feel free to post any questions that you might have here!
Re: For anyone having FabMo connection trouble
November 20, 2016 08:51AM
Hi, i have tried all the steps but i still can't install the new software, any other suggestions i should try
November 22, 2016 12:56PM
Hi ensnipe,

We have another approach we can try. We'll basically re-flash the whole image on the Edison on your tool.

At the moment, this requires that you have a Windows PC from which you are able to do a relatively large download from the internet. And, you'll need a USB cable of the standard phone charger type (USB A male to micro B male) to plug the Edison into your computer for the transfer.

Let me know if you can handle that and I'll send the instructions. Otherwise, we can swap out your card.

Ted Hall, Handibot/ShopBot
November 22, 2016 04:23PM
Hi Ted, yes i do have a usb cable with the micro end and a windows pc so hope to hear from you soon

thanks Roger
December 05, 2016 08:18PM
Hi Ted, still waiting on instructions from you,
December 06, 2016 12:19PM
I am so sorry Roger. I needed to update the link ... which I did and then promptly forgot to send it to you.

Ted Hall, Handibot/ShopBot

Here it is (Click to get document).
December 07, 2016 08:38PM
Hi Ted i tried several times and i still can't get it to install on the card,so can we swap out cards. thanks Roger
December 08, 2016 11:23AM
Absolutely, Roger. We'll get it on the way today. =Ted
December 12, 2016 07:29PM
Hi Ted, I received the new card installed it and everything is working fine , thank you so much for your help I appreciate it a lot. i sent the old card out today. again thank you
Roger
December 23, 2016 09:13PM
I have just received my hadibot today and trying to use fabmo. The only way I am able to connect is by putting IP address.
My Ipad and I phone find the handibot no problem, I hook up to fabmo wifi, and then click on fabmo minder app and it just keeps saying it will keep trying to find a tool and never does? What is the fix thanks in advance Bob
December 24, 2016 03:08AM
I received mine yesterday and am having the same issue with the app. It wouldn't find the machine on AP mode or network.
December 24, 2016 08:29PM
Update to this problem. Today I used my windows laptop and it worked just like it is supposed to. I guess only a problem with apple IPad and IPhone?
apple products should work find with the tool as well--I use my iphone all the time with fabmo. When connecting to the tool in AP mode, you have to be sure your device is already connected to the tool's wifi network before searching for it with the toolminder. You'll see something like "fabmo-fzed25435435" in your list of available networks

Once you connect to that (password is "go2fabmo") you should be able to access it from your browser at 192.168.42.1 Chrome is preferred but I use safari on my phone without problems.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.