Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

4 by 8 sheet Shop Step Project

Posted by John877 
4 by 8 sheet Shop Step Project
November 26, 2016 01:14PM
Just wanted to share my first attempt at a 4*8*3/4 sheet with the Shop Step project from the ShopBot web site. the x alignment was excellent the Y alignment was off in places by about a 1/4 inch, but all of these slight imperfections came out in the sanding process. (There was an imperfection in this sheet from another test/project that you will see in the photos, but wanted to share the experience). I did not take too much time on the board support as i used three 2x4 studs, and a piece of 3/4 inch scrap to screen down the registration guide. As a first attempt i am impressed. It took 96 tiles to cut this out but overall very happy with the result. Certainly looking forward to an attachment that gives larger tiling options :-)
Well worth the effort and recommend.
Attachments:
open | download - Document1.pdf (3.96 MB)
Re: 4 by 8 sheet Shop Step Project
November 26, 2016 10:16PM
I am unable to view the pictures. Is it on my end or the files themselves?
November 27, 2016 03:09AM
John, attachments are broken here but we'd love to see. Links to other file and photo sites work.

thanx
November 28, 2016 09:46AM
By the way--we're trying to figure out what's up with attachments on this forum...Hopefully we can get that fixed soon so people can actually share all of the cool stuff that they're working on!!
November 28, 2016 04:31PM
Hey! It works!

First time I can remember being able to see pictures that were attached.

I see what you mean about some of the stools not lining up 100% though. Let us know how they turn out!
November 29, 2016 10:37AM
Hmm...too bad about that shift in the X between passes on the jig. I was thinking about this last night and thought it might be helpful to scribe a line on your board at the X start point of your tiling job. Use a square to extend it the whole width of the board--that way when you return to start your next row of tiling, you at least know that the first cut is lined up in the X...
November 29, 2016 09:51PM
I am happy how they turned out after a little sanding - a great first project.
November 30, 2016 03:40AM
First, so glad the webmaster finally got the attachments working!, Second, great job, I did one very similar for my granddaughter.
November 30, 2016 03:48AM
Brian Owen, ShopBot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm...too bad about that shift in the X between pa
> sses on the jig. I was thinking about this last ni
> ght and thought it might be helpful to scribe a li
> ne on your board at the X start point of your tili
> ng job. Use a square to extend it the whole width
> of the board--that way when you return to start yo
> ur next row of tiling, you at least know that the
> first cut is lined up in the X...

I've done this with good results. Lay out a grid over the whole sheet 6" wide and 8" tall.

Here is my instructable on indexing. It is older now but most everything still applies.

[www.instructables.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.