Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Upper and lower fence

Posted by rasbldrs 
Upper and lower fence
December 29, 2016 04:54AM
I was watching a video on cutting out a index piece and there was a upper and lower fence attached to the handibot, Does anyone know where I might find the plans to make one? Thanks
Re: Upper and lower fence
December 29, 2016 10:01AM
Which video were you looking at?

I've done two things in the past...the handibot comes with a few blocks of MDF that can be attached to the base plate that you did the test cut on to create a jig for raising the handibot up to feed wood through.

Other times I've just taken a scrap of wood and bolted it to the underside of the handibot to act as a fence (There are holes on the front and back of the tool base for doing things like this).
December 30, 2016 06:19AM
This was the video I was looking at [youtu.be]
December 30, 2016 08:03AM
Files for that jig in a bunch of formats can be downloaded from Github. Just be aware that it was created for the original Handibot and hasn't been updated for the newer tools, so you may need to modify things like hole placement a little to get the X and Y zero locations or the mounting holes to match up to your tool.

[github.com]

If you do make changes or improvements, please share them by adding them to github or sending them to me and I'll take care of it.
December 30, 2016 10:45AM
Thank you Bill I will
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.