Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Tiling all wrong

Posted by rasbldrs 
Tiling all wrong
January 01, 2017 01:32PM
Hello everyone Happy New Year. I have some questions on tiling I was doing an oval 20 wide 15 high tiles 1,2,3,4 cut perfectly. tiles 5,6,and 7
cut wrong and tile 8 cut fine. I have no clue what happened. do I have to redo x, y each time. that should be set already right?
Re: Tiling all wrong
January 01, 2017 01:36PM
sorry would not let me attach any .jpg or the crv file
January 01, 2017 02:19PM
Without seeing all I can say is no, you should not have to re zero unless something is bumped.

Is it just bad jogles or is everything a mess? If it is the later, Vcarve most likely went stupid.
January 01, 2017 04:43PM
hey Mark I had to redo it, was driving me crazy. This time I noticed in one tile the y axis was not on 0 but 0.001 so I manually set to 0 and everything came out perfect. I guess you have to look at the x y and make sure before cutting the next tile that you are still on 0, 0.
Thanks for the hints Bob
January 01, 2017 06:51PM
I'm glad you got it. Another idea now that we know it was just the zeros, how deep of cuts are you making in what kind of material? I find I can reliably cut .25" at a pass in common ply but might have to back off to .20" in baltic birch or solid hardwood. If you go too aggressive you can skip pulses and that will throw your zero off. This is something you kind of have to develop an ear for.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.