Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

need tail stock for rotary indexer

Posted by Mark Evans 
need tail stock for rotary indexer
January 01, 2017 08:43PM
Through lots of use and a bit of abuse, I've managed to waller out the pin holes in the tightening ring in the tail stock.
I can probably drill new holes but in the meantime, is the tail stock available on its own? Everything as far as files have moved enough that I can't find the listing for the indexer right now and google comes up dry for this as well.
Re: need tail stock for rotary indexer
January 04, 2017 12:56PM
That ring is sold attached to the taper adapter. Looks like we get it from Remco Supply and the part number is 70722. It looks like it'd be pretty annoying to order from them--but cheaper. If you don't want to deal with that, I'm sure that ShopBot would sell you another one. Our part number is 003234. If you call them up and say you'd like to order one, they can get it on the way.
January 04, 2017 06:12PM
Good deal, I'll do one or the other.
January 09, 2017 11:45AM
One thing I forgot to mention--The taper adapter comes with a key pressed into it. We have to pull those out to slide the adapters into the tailstock. The way I do it is by grabbing the key in a vise and prying the taper adapter upwards--You have to pull REALLY hard.
January 10, 2017 01:55AM
That is good to know. I'll be prepared for a challenge!
January 10, 2017 09:52AM
I guess if the nut is all you need then you'll be fine--but just in case you're going to replace the adapter as well...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.