Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Handibot Bit Kits in Fusion 360

Handibot Bit Kits in Fusion 360
January 09, 2017 03:17PM
Had a customer that wanted an official Fusion 360 version of the 3 piece bit kit that comes with the handibot. I've created that, along with bits for the other kits available from the webstore. You can download them here: [workbench.grabcad.com]

As a side note, I had to figure out a little bug in Fusion to get the ability to create and edit bits--my tool library was initially blank with no options to add anything...I had to go delete the tool library .json files and restart fusion to get it working correctly. In case anyone else has the same problem...the .json files are located in Users/<your username>/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/CAM360/... there's one in the "libraries" folder and another in the "configuration" folder. If you delete them both, they'll automatically be recreated with the default tool set when you restart fusion.
Re: Handibot Bit Kits in Fusion 360
January 10, 2017 02:00AM
And I am still waiting on someone to take my hand and show me how to use the CAM portion of F360. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
January 10, 2017 09:40AM
You and me both! Now that I've finally got my bits in there--maybe I'll finally start making stuff in there.
January 11, 2017 03:42PM
Hey Brian, I think it was me who was asking about the bits! Thanks for posting this! I made my own library with the starter bits and it seems to work in the cam program. Now my trouble I'm having is with the post processor I saw the other thread about it but the file that was linked didn't seem to work. The job won't run once I post it out but the simulation in fusion 360 cam works fine. There could be something else I'm missing though.

Thanks

Oh and mark look up Lars Christensen on YouTube he has some great stuff about the fusion 360 cam
January 11, 2017 04:24PM
Could you copy and past the header for your file here? Everything up until you get to the movement commands (M3,1,2,5 etc, etc).

Sometimes those post processors add stuff that seems to trip up FabMo. I can hopefully tell you what to remove and then maybe dig into the post processor to fix it.
January 12, 2017 07:56PM
Here is the header:

' 1
' MADE USING AUTODESK CAM

' 2D Adaptive6

&Tool = 2
C6
PAUSE 2
J3, 90.825, 73.267, 27.7
J3, 90.825, 73.267, 17.7
J3, 90.825, 73.267, 15.885

Thanks!
January 13, 2017 09:58AM
Hmm--that all looks pretty standard to me...What kind of error are you getting when you try to run the file?
January 13, 2017 02:44PM
I tried it again and it worked kindof. Before it could have just been connection trouble. I am just messing up in the CAM part somehow now and the programs i run cause the handibot to just run into the corner and keep trying to push further on X and Y. It must be something to do with the workspace size.
January 13, 2017 05:01PM
The values in your file look like they are in millimeters Is your Handibot set up for metric files in the configuration menu?

Bill
January 13, 2017 05:17PM
The Handibot is set up in inches but it tells me before the cut and asks if i want to convert the job file to inches. I will go in and switch it to metric and see if that helps.

thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.