Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Handibot Bit Profiles for VCarve

Handibot Bit Profiles for VCarve
March 24, 2017 10:29AM
A while back I put together some bit kits for Fusion--someone emailed today asking about bit profiles for VCarve--So I've put those together as well and they can be downloaded here: [workbench.grabcad.com]

Just open you VCarve tool database and click "Import" to add them. That will add all of the bits that we sell in kits on the handibot website to your list of available tools. I've put the settings for each bit at what would be ideal for cutting plastic and wood.
Re: Handibot Bit Profiles for VCarve
March 25, 2017 10:22AM
Thanks, Brian, these will come in quite handy.
March 25, 2017 08:47PM
Hopefully it'll help me too! My tool database is a mess! I've broken a number of bits because I chose some strange tool I made for another purpose one afternoon...
March 26, 2017 05:00AM
Why are they all set at spindle speeds and feed rates that my Handibot cannot achieve?
March 26, 2017 11:30AM
Spindle speed for the handibot isn't controlled through software--just by the little dial on the side of the router--so I don't really worry about the speed setting in vcarve.
The feed rates should be OK. I used 3ips for the larger bits I think and 2ips for the smaller--and on down to 0.5 for the really tiny bits. If one of them looks totally off the wall let me know which one and I'll make a correction.
March 28, 2017 06:07AM
Broke my bloody 1/8" O flute cutter didn't I?
Forgot to switch the bloody router on didn't I?
But before that I can report that it was cutting 1/4" plywood at router speed 3, 2"/sec feed rate.
Nice finish, but dust, no chips. Switched to another 2 flute cutter and got the same pleasing result.
Should I expect chips when machining plywood? If so I will try a lower router rpm.
March 29, 2017 12:17AM
Wazza,
As always, just my opinion but I always (with a few exceptions) run the router wide open, you just loose too much torque otherwise. The only time I get good chips it when I use a 1/4" O-flute running fast and shallow. The rest of the time I accept the dust as long as I'm getting a good quality cut.
March 29, 2017 04:19PM
I agree with Mark--the router is going to be spinning almost 50 times as fast as a drill press (which would be producing nice chips). You'll almost always get dust from the router.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.