Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Digifabcon 2017

Digifabcon 2017
March 31, 2017 12:12PM
Sorry to anyone who has been looking for tech support this week! I may have been a little slower in responding that normal. I'm currently up at MIT for Digifabcon for a talk about building micro-factories based on digital fab technology. For anyone that is curious--I've put the talk up in blog form on the handibot blog: [handibot.com]
Re: Digifabcon 2017
March 31, 2017 02:50PM
This is your best blog to date. I'm glad you went to this, professional development is huge for an outfit like you guys.

I've got to figure this blogging thing out as it is getting where I have a few things to say that don't fit in a paragraph or two.

The whole micro-factory thing is dead on. I started with a Kickstarter handibot and now have a V2 handibot with a fourth axis and the extended Y-axis, a 3d printer, and a laser cutter/engraver as well as having added a bandsaw and several other dumb tools to my mix.

At this point, my biggest hold back is my own ability to design what I want and to do it quickly enough to do it for others. I am getting better and better with Fusion 360 but it is like music. You don't pick up a set of drumsticks and become Neal Pert in a few months.
March 31, 2017 03:31PM
Lest anyone see Mark's comment on the extended Y and think "what!!?!?"--Mark is helping me out by evaluating the second one in existence (the first being the one I'm toting around). He's given me some great feedback and made me feel better about how close we are to getting it up on the store. I'll have a few minor tweaks when I get back to town next week (plus helping out Lee and Earl with our ever growing number of orders!). So I should have more news soon!
May 11, 2017 10:23PM
Yes ! This is exciting !! I'm Following this one !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.