Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Tool Specs

Posted by thierry 
Tool Specs
February 07, 2014 06:26AM
Hello David,

Like many others, I am very enthusiast by the soon to be released Handibot. Would it be possible to provide us with a more detail regarding the tool specs of where could we find a specs sheet?

I am starting this topic for everyone to ask questions about the specs. For example, I am interested in knowing the minimum watt required by the tool. I.e. Since I might need to use a voltage step up/down transformer for when I am changing continents, will the tool require a 1000w transformer or a 1500w transformer?

Thank you,
Thierry
Re: Tool Specs
February 07, 2014 05:37PM
Interesting problem. You may be able to 'drop in' a 240 VAC deWalt router IF the power relay is rated for it (or replace power relay if not). Then you only need worry about the arduino and steppers. I'm guessing they've already given this matter some thought, back in the mother ship.

I'd skip the transformer if I were in your position. Heavy and crucial, just one more thing to keep track of and possibly drop on your foot. Whereas changing the operating voltage is a one-time hassle.

But the more I think about it the more I suspect ShopBot will be able to accommodate you with a 240VAC machine.
February 11, 2014 09:46AM
Hi thierry,

You want a 1000W transformer minimum, and 1200W if you want a little headspace.

If you'd rather go 220V, we do have a router that is a dircet drop-in replacement. The power supply is auto-switching... And everything else is properly specified for the 220V setup.

Our international version of Handibot should be for sale soon.

David
February 11, 2014 10:57AM
Hello David,

Thank you for the information. I will wait for the international model. Swapping routers sounds like a good way forward (+ saving weight in the luggages).

/T
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.