Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

things/support we are needing from the guys a Shopbot

Posted by Mark Evans 
Starting this as what will become a thread for things we need to see from the guys at shopbot.

I know it must be being worked on but I desperately need a handibot specific tutorial on tiling the work. 6"x8" is an awfully small area to be tied to.
I want a post-processer for CUT-3D, which I already own. The shopbot post-processers included in CUT-3D don't work (the spindle never turns on). I was able to get it working by cut and pasting the beginning and end portion sections from a V-carve for shopbot G-CODE fie but this is a pain.

Thanks,
tonyv
Hi Mark,

We are working on all of our documentation for Handibot, including the very important area of tiling. In the meantime, you might want to check out Vectric's excellent tutorials available on the subject. For example, this might help:

Tile Toolpaths

Mark Evans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Starting this as what will become a thread for
> things we need to see from the guys at shopbot.
>
> I know it must be being worked on but I
> desperately need a handibot specific tutorial on
> tiling the work. 6"x8" is an awfully small area to
> be tied to.
Hi Tony,

Can you tell me what the name of the post processor you are using is? If you use Shopbot_TC_inch (or MM), the C6/spindle on command is written in for you. Let me know what you've got and we can take it from there.

Best,
David

Tony von Ruden Wrote:
> I want a post-processer for CUT-3D, which I
> already own. The shopbot post-processers included
> in CUT-3D don't work (the spindle never turns on).
> I was able to get it working by cut and pasting
> the beginning and end portion sections from a
> V-carve for shopbot G-CODE fie but this is a
> pain.
>
> Thanks,
> tonyv
David:
Great to get conformation on what hoped was going on! It might be good to bounce early stuff off us to see what makes sense to the end user and what does not.
I have watched the vetric videos, they are good, just not Handybot specific, if you took them literally you'd cut out a bunch of 6x8 tiles and then connect them! We know you guys have moving the Handybot pretty well worked out. I need to get out to the shop and should publish what you have.... together we will make this thing great!

David Bryan Wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> We are working on all of our documentation for
> Handibot, including the very important area of
> tiling. In the meantime, you might want to check
> out Vectric's excellent tutorials available on the
> subject. For example, this might help:
>
> Ti
> le Toolpaths

>
>
> Mark Evans Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Starting this as what will become a thread for
> > things we need to see from the guys at shopbot.
> >
> > I know it must be being worked on but I
> > desperately need a handibot specific tutorial
> on
> > tiling the work. 6"x8" is an awfully small area
> to
> > be tied to.
It appears some of the forum 'features' are not turned on. I.E. the ability to post pix. Very important. Second is the ability to do smileys! Not near as important but still fun! Russ
Try imgur.com to add pictures. It will give you the bbcode to cut and paste directly in here.

I think we need attachment support to share output files for debugging etc.

Regarding the tool, I'd like details on the indexed base and the inventors kits. I'd really like to add another motor on here at some point, I'm guessing that would be through an inventors kit.
Hi David,
The retail version of CUT-3D only has the following posts for Shopbot:

ShopBot_alpha_Arc_inch_router_control.pp
ShopBot_alpha_mm_router_control.pp
ShopBot_Arc_Inch.pp
ShopBot_mm.pp

I think I tried all of these and they don't start the Handibot spindle.

I tried copying ShopBot_TC_inch.pp and ShopBot_TC_MM.pp from the Shopbot edition of V-Carve Pro,
but when starting CUT-3D, the following message boxes appear, and the Posts aren't loaded:

1. Unknown statement on line 32: 'DIRECT_OUTPUT = "DIRECT to ShopBot|ShopBot_run.ini"'

after commenting that out with a '+' sign, and retrying, I get:

2. Unknown variable name XY_ORIGIN on line 117: "Home Position Information= [XY_ORIGIN],[Z_ORIGIN]"'

and after commenting that out, I get:

3. Unknown variable name Z_ORIGIN on line 130: '"&PWZorigin = [Z_ORIGIN]"'

After commenting that out, I can load the Posts, but I haven't had time to try using them yet.

Tony
Great suggestions Marc and Russ. I'll see what we can make happen.

David
David, the post pix was probably working all the time and it was cockpit error on my part. grinning smiley But the Smilies don't appear to be working at least for me. Thanks. Russ

While we are on the forum topic I would love to see it be supported by Tapatalk, although I have no idea what this entails.

Also, every time I visit it I have to click "Go back to Handibot.com" and log in again before I can post.

No biggie, just suggestions to add to the list.

Thanks,

RMW
I have tried to change my password several times and it never changes. I have to use the password you set up for me. Am I doing something wrong?
@Tim, I've forwarded this to our web folks. Hopefully we'll have a resolution soon.

@Richard, Thank you for the suggestions. I'll see what we can do.

@Russ, good looking project! Thanks for sharing and glad you figured out image upload. Keep sharing!

@Tony, keep us 'posted' (pun intended). It may be time to reload the software.

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.