Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Damage to grips on base

Posted by Wazza 
Damage to grips on base
June 15, 2017 10:28PM
The three sections of black material on the base of my unit have become damaged somehow, and I need to replace them as the Handibot won't sit correctly on a work piece when one of them curls and doubles up.
Is this a warranty item, or can I purchase them? On shipping, I will be purchasing the new Z zeroing gadget so they could perhaps be shipped in one package.
And on shipping, have a look at what it costs to send to Australia. Almost the cost of the gadget!! Why send only priority, when it may be some time before the 24" base is released. Maybe a slower (and cheaper) postage rate could apply to items like these.
Re: Damage to grips on base
June 19, 2017 01:43PM
Wazza,

I'll look at what the shipping options are to Australia on the store--international shipping is always shockingly expensive--plus the customs fees in some countries are outrageous. Our low cost option, FedEx Ground, doesn't do international shipments--so we have to use Express for those unfortunately.

I can get you a new set of rubber pads though. I'm gonna figure out if we can ship them more cheaply first!!
June 19, 2017 09:50PM
Brian,
Hang on to those pads for now. When the extended base is available I will talk to you again. Meantime, I will make a set using Anchor brand sandblasting stencil material, see how they go.
June 20, 2017 10:26AM
The neoprene is bonded to a piece of acrylic (old handibots had it bonded directly to the HDPE which almost invariably didn't hold)--you can remove the acrylic and use it as a template to cut your pads out. You may even be able to find some adhesive backed neoprene sheet--over here I'd look at mcmaster.com, not sure what the typical industrial automation vendor is in Australia...but the stuff is pretty easy to cut with a razor blade.
June 22, 2017 01:02AM
Brian Owen, ShopBot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wazza,
>
> I'll look at what the shipping options are to
> Australia on the store--international shipping is
> always shockingly expensive--plus the customs fees
> in some countries are outrageous. Our low cost opt
> ion, FedEx Ground, doesn't do international shipme
> nts--so we have to use Express for those unfortuna
> tely.
>
> I can get you a new set of rubber pads though
> . I'm gonna figure out if we can ship them more ch
> eaply first!!

I always ask for USPS, cheapest service, normal delivery time and no tracking. During the last 10 years I have been getting between around 40 to 50 parcels from the US per year, value from 20 to 800 dollars. Some have very delicate items, like 10" squares of glass.

I have never ever lost or had damage to any parcel.

The courier companies (UPS, Fedex, DHL) are horribly expensive for small parcels, the cost of freight is completely out of proportion to the cost of the items.

For some strange reason, it is almost always a fight to get the company in the US to deliver via USPS. Even if I sign and email a note declaring that I will not make any claims and that I assume all responsibility for loss or damage. After all it is my money that is being wasted on exorbitant freight charges.

I don't know USPS reputation with local deliveries, but, in my experience, their international service is without fault.

I congratulate you for your willingness to look at this matter and research cheaper delivery options. Another sign of good customer service.

Best regards, seachange
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.