Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Dedicated handibot tablet

Dedicated handibot tablet
June 27, 2017 10:23AM
There's been a number of requests from customers in manufacturing spaces to have an onboard touch screen for the handibot. One of them recently paid me to throw together a custom app that will engrave serial numbers on parts in their shop--they also wanted a tablet that was set up to run the tool.
Yesterday evening I decided it'd be fun to make an actual tablet holder that attaches to the tool. I've got the tablet charger wired into the handibot power entry so that whenever the handibot is plugged in, the tablet is charging.

[imgur.com]

What do y'all think? helpful?

I'll get the plans up soon, the parts are handibot-able.
Re: Dedicated handibot tablet
July 06, 2017 11:18AM
I like this...it's a lot cleaner than using one of those articulated suction mounts designed for automotive use. Let us know when you post the design files.
July 07, 2017 05:22AM
I use a laptop, and the only problem with that is not being able to see where the cursor is on the screen when using it outdoors. The iPad would be a better choice, but surgery will be required to release it from my wife's grip. Maybe I should just get her a new one?
July 07, 2017 11:21AM
I dunno-- a nice tablet like an ipad is sort of wasted as a fabmo control panel. I've been getting the small samsung tablets from amazon--they're only about $120. The 7" screen is plenty big for controlling your tool.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.