Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Laser sight alignment

Posted by Kw 
Laser sight alignment
October 13, 2017 03:35PM
Hello,

I have a laser sight 2.0 and it does not match with a mill end. How can I adjust the position of laser sight?
Another issue is if I turn it on, it only stays a few minutes then it dims even with a new battery.
I bought it this March, if it has a defect, can I replace it?

I sent a message through 'Contact US!' in handibot.com but I didn't get any reply yet.
Thanks.
Re: Laser sight alignment
March 17, 2018 06:47AM
I am having same issues with the dimming in about 30 sec. To align the cross hairs used a pliers softly.
March 20, 2018 02:13PM
I've ordered some higher current capacity batteries to try out--The line lasers run on between 2.5VDV and 5VDC--The CR2032 batteries are 3V batteries--but it appears that they may be draining too quickly while the laser is on. I'll follow up here as soon as I've got ahold of some new batteries to test.
March 20, 2018 09:44PM
Batteries have a finite shelf life. It may be that the ones you bought were old stock. Try another retailer who would possibly have a higher turnover of stock.
March 21, 2018 10:54AM
I currently order mine through digikey--though there's no telling how long each has been on the shelf there. The ones that I just ordered are like 250mAh which should be double what we were getting previously.
July 26, 2022 02:34PM
I am milling out my laser sight with my Handibot v1. I have all the bits including the battery switches and a block of HDPE plastic. I require the tool part for the laser sight in dxf or vcarve or some guidance on how to get the dimension and seeking assistance of any sort.
July 27, 2022 08:54AM
See if this helps:

[www.dropbox.com]
August 12, 2022 08:32AM
Thanks.
February 18, 2023 01:51AM
It doesn't match with a mill end and it turns off after a few minutes, even with a new battery. You also mentioned that you bought it in March and are wondering if you can replace it if it has a defect. To adjust the position of your laser sight, you may need to refer to the manufacturer's instructions or contact their customer support team for assistance. They may be able to provide you with specific instructions on how to adjust the position of the laser sight so that it matches your mill end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2023 12:23AM by thomas9.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.