Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Computer / Tablet

Posted by Mike 
Computer / Tablet
October 21, 2013 03:44PM
So what is everyone using to control their Handibot?
Re: Computer / Tablet
October 22, 2013 10:03AM
I'm using a Dell Latitude 10 tablet with Windows 8.1
October 23, 2013 01:31PM
Does it handle the VCarve software well? I've been looking at some of the new Baytrail tablets (ie, Asus T100, Dell Venue Pro) and also debating between an 8 and 10" tablet.
October 23, 2013 02:44PM
Yes, I've tried VCarve, Cut3D, and the Shopbot program -- all work fine, at least for simple toolpaths. The tablet only has an Intel Atom processor, though, so I will probably want to generate G-CODE for complex toolpaths on something more powerful, then copy the file over. I've tried using 3D printer software on a different Atom2-based netbook, and it took forever to turn STL files into GCODE.

One problem, though, is that the tablet only has one USB port, so I can't connect both the Handibot and a USB mouse (recommended for VCarve -- my fingers aren't quite pointy enough to use the touchscreen). I've got a multi-headed USB cables with a built-in hub at work, so I'll bring it home and try using that this weekend.

tonyv
November 07, 2013 03:15AM
For driving the handibot, I have an Acer tablet and an external USB hub to make up for the lack of ports.

For drawing and creating tool paths, I rely on an all-in-one desktop with a large screen. While it's easy to zoom in and out with the mouse wheel, having a large screen is a big boost to productivity when creating a large and/or complex project.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.