Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Circle and Curve Issues

Posted by CharlieJanecka 
Circle and Curve Issues
November 17, 2018 02:04PM
I have been having issues with the Handibot actually following any circles or curves I create in Vcarve.

Vcarve
Version: 8.517

Handibot
Version: 1.2.0

I can upload a sample sbp file if needed, but wanted to check first to see if this is a general issue. Handibot behaves normally whenever it is following straight lines, but simply doesn't cut the curves. If the curve is part of the larger path it simply rapid moves to the next straight line (which is clearly a problem since it's in the material at the time).

If there is a curve standing alone, it plunges to the appropriate depth but then pulls right back up and goes to the next plunge location.

Thanks,
Re: Circle and Curve Issues
November 20, 2018 10:53AM
Yes, could you please upload an .sbp file?
Also--Handibot v1.2.0--are you running FabMo on your tool or the older SB3 software? FabMo being the we browser based control system where you access the tool via wireless connection.
December 15, 2018 01:30PM
Here is the sbp file. I also took a picture of the projected toolpath that it did not take. I have a picture wha it cut into blue foam.

It starts the curve at it's point but then jumps to the next one.
Attachments:
open | download - 20181215_120343.jpg (3.97 MB)
December 15, 2018 01:31PM
I forgot to attach the sbp file.
Attachments:
open | download - Circle and Curve Test.sbp (3.9 KB)
December 17, 2018 03:15PM
Charlie,

The commands in the file look normal. 1.2.0 is an early version of FabMo and I can't recall if there was an issue with certain types of circle commands in that release of the software. I would recommend getting up to date version 1.6.0 -- instructions for completing the update can be found here: [sites.google.com]

Otherwise, everything looks OK and seems to run OK.

Brian
December 27, 2018 08:23PM
I have updated to v 1.7.1 with no change in the issue.

I will try to get a video and picture of what's happening.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.