Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

vertical text

Posted by cuervo 
vertical text
November 29, 2018 10:43AM
I see in the instructions where it says that fonts that start with the "@" are vertical, but I do not see any that start with that symbol. I am trying to fill in text inside of a box but can't seem to figure it out.

[docs.vectric.com]
Re: vertical text
November 29, 2018 11:32AM
To fill text inside a shape--you have to make select the vector shape in which you want to place the text before pushing the "draw text-within a vector box" button.

As for vertical text...I don't have an @ symbol fonts in my software either. Though in their example the text is just rotated 90 degrees--which you could do with the rotation tool.

If you want the text to be arranged vertically with all the characters upright, you can draw a vertical line, select the "text on a curve" function and check the box for "keep text vertical". Also you could hit return after each character and use center justified.
November 29, 2018 02:53PM
almost the moment after I submitted that I found the "@" symbols were in the regular text area but not the "fill in the vector/box" option. I was wanting the letters to stay horozontal and just go down instead of across but have not figured that out yet.
November 29, 2018 03:01PM
and then two mins after I posted that I figured out the vertical writing. Well kinda.... I can't get it to do it with out overlapping a few letters.
November 29, 2018 03:04PM
Have you tried hitting the Enter key after each letter as you're entering the text?
November 29, 2018 03:05PM
Is this what you want to do?
Attachments:
open | download - stacked letters.jpg (54.6 KB)
November 29, 2018 04:40PM
Bill Young Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you tried hitting the Enter key after each le
> tter as you're entering the text?

Yes that does work. Not sure why I didn't think about it thanks again.
January 17, 2019 03:42AM
what is bro spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.