Go Back to handibot.com
sign up or log-in


Pre-International Move Prep

Posted by KCB22 
Pre-International Move Prep
February 10, 2019 09:39PM

I currently own the Adventure Edition, living in the US. I just received word that I will be moving to Germany for the next 3-4 years, and want to take my Handibot along for the adventure. Before I spend more than $200 on the International Router, is there anything else that I would need to do in order to make sure the Handibot doesn't short-circuit once I plug it in on the other side of the pond?

Does the router come prepped for plugging in to the Handibot? The pictures on the item page make it look like it just has a regular plug. Also, how would I go about getting a type F plug to run from the Handibot into the wall?

Thanks in advance for any input you guys are willing and able to share.
Re: Pre-International Move Prep
February 15, 2019 01:45PM
Yes, the router comes prepped to just plug in to the handibot.

The power supply in the handibot is auto-switching and will take 110 or 220 VAC.
If you call in to ShopBot and request a quote for part number 003931 this will pull up the right power cord--should cost around $26.75
The router you want is 12020
Re: Pre-International Move Prep
February 16, 2019 12:44PM

Thanks for the response. Is the router all that is required to cause the voltage switch to occur? In place of purchasing a $30 cord, would an adapter like the one found at [www.amazon.com] work so long as I have the 220v router plugged in?
Re: Pre-International Move Prep
August 18, 2019 03:28AM
In case anybody else was curious - I just used my Handibot successfully in Germany using the 220V router and my standard American-style plug with a plug adapter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.