Fabmo v1.7.2
June 04, 2019 06:24PM
I use my Handibot primarily for carving wine barrel lids which I then paint, separate, balance pieces then string into wind chimes. (see attached)
I made a jig with a carriage that allows 4 X movements which fits into the overall jig allowing 3 Y moves. So I don't have to slide the bot back and forth more than I have to I run tile 1-4 then move carriage up and run tiles 8- 5, move up again and run 9-12. Earlier Fabmo would import tile randomly and I would re-arrange them, v1.7.2 now imports them in numerical order but when I try to arrange them how I prefer, 1,2,3,4,8,7,6,5,9,10,11,12, it takes 3 attempts for each tile before they stay where I place them, very time consuming and frustrating.
WiFi is still painfully slow. All these things I can tolerate. What I can't and I need someone to explain is why in the middle of a 12 tile job it loses whatever and ruins the piece! I pay 20 bucks for a lid, surface it and it takes a fair amount of time to position it in the jig properly. Today it was a double-sided carving, half way thru the second side it f's up again and I've got more kindling! I've got 10 more jobs to do and I'm afraid to try them.
Someone, please tell me what's going on? It has nothing to do with inaccurate tile movements, I have been using this jig for a couple of years.
Steve
Attachments:
open | download - Sugar Skull.jpg (1.04 MB)
Re: Fabmo v1.7.2
June 05, 2019 04:41PM
Steve,

Cool designs! How exactly is the tool f-ing up? is it stopping mid-cut? Losing position while cutting?
June 05, 2019 04:55PM
It's losing position, Z never seems to change, I'm certain there is nothing obstructing movement. Other times It will just freeze and all you can do is power cycle it. Occasionally it will finish a tile and restart the tile without turning on the router but I can cancel it and move to next tile.
June 05, 2019 05:28PM
Steve,

One good way to test the motion of the tool would be to run the same routine we run at the factory before shipment. If you download the app here: [github.com]
and install it on your tool ... you'll find a test called "motion test" this will run all axes at increasing speeds, trying to cause one of them to stall/hang-up. This could rule out any mechanical issues (or point us towards the problem area).

Brian
June 07, 2019 08:03PM
The motion test did the trick! Y motion was hanging up and banging stops at higher speeds. Motor/shaft and nut realignment fixed it, thanks Brian!
A Fabmo suggestion box would be nice, I could think of a couple of other things to add.
June 10, 2019 11:02AM
I could start a thread in this part of the forum (no one really seems to visit the FabMo part of the forum), however, for most things I could only pass them along to the software devs. I can do simple apps and macro edits, but UI stuff is not really my area.
July 29, 2019 07:22PM
Here we go again!!! 3 plus hours into a12 tile job and another project ruined! Is Handibot or Fabmo ever going to address and fix things.
Attachments:
open | download - More kindleing!.jpg (4.46 MB)
August 01, 2019 04:01PM
Hey Steve -- That was a nice carving and I'm really sad that it got ruined...do you have any idea what occurred when the position shifted? What were your feed rates?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.