Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

preventative maint?

Posted by cuervo 
preventative maint?
November 25, 2019 01:34PM
I am just getting into the 3d carving abilities of the handibot and now that I am having run times that are in hours for some of them are there any PM's I need to do? Is there a point that after so many hours of it running that I should pause it to let things cool down? Just curious, thanks again.
Re: preventative maint?
November 25, 2019 04:32PM
The only thing that I might recommend is to pick up a spare set of brushes for your dewalt router. Running the router for hours at a time will eventually wear down the brushes. Other than that -- the bearings, motors and electronics should be fine. The motor drivers actually seem to run cooler when the machine is moving (trying to hold the motors at a certain location when the machine is idle actually requires a lot of energy).
November 27, 2019 12:08AM
excellent I was hoping it was that easy.

Now the next problem with the extended run times is that I miss my laptop while its down in the shop. I have been connecting it directly to the handibot and started to look into hooking it up over my network. My only problem is that it will not let me download the fabmo minder saying it isn't designed to work on laptop/pc's? This laptop has a touchscreen and the ability to work as a laptop but I can't figure it out. It directs me to the chrome store but there is no fabmo stuff there.
November 27, 2019 07:26AM
You only need your laptop to start or stop the file. Once it is running you can close up the laptop and take it wherever. The code for the file is stored on the tool. Also the Minder is just a helper to find the IP address of your tool. Note where it sends you when you click on the tool in the minder. Try visiting that same IP from another device that is connected to the tool in the same way.
November 29, 2019 11:05PM
my shop vac sounds like it has a very unhappy bearing suddenly tonight. It was a cheap sob and I was afraid it would not be up to the longer run times. Is there a type/brand that you have had good luck with? I figure with black friday I might be able to find something but I really am not sure which are better?
January 23, 2020 12:12AM
We are the leader in providing comprehensive and user-friendly HIPAA Training, HIPAA Privacy policies, and HIPAA security policies
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.