Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

HandiBot Software Versions and Updates?

Posted by gclayton 
HandiBot Software Versions and Updates?
March 16, 2014 03:56PM
A question was asked on another thread https://handibot.com/forum/read.php?2,331,420#msg-420 about the versions of software that is provided with the HandiBot.

I thought I would open a new thread regarding my questions about this also.

According to the VCarve Pro -> Help -> About VCarve Pro version delivered with my HandiBot, it is version 7.012 and the Partworks3D is 1.002 as stated on the referenced thread above.

If you do a check for updates, it indicates that I am at the latest version.

However, on the Vectric Support site, there are updates available for VCarve Pro and Cut3D(same as Partworks3D as I understand it). The versions available on Vectric site are:

VCarve Pro: 7.015
Cut3D: 1.110

Does the ShopBot versions of the software get updated with the changes that are available direct from Vectric?

Should/can we download the software direct from Vectric for VCarve Pro? Will the keys for the software work with the Vectric versions?

If Partworks3d is basically Cut3D, why the name difference and why can't we get the latest updates?
Re: HandiBot Software Versions and Updates?
March 17, 2014 09:19AM
Hi Gil,

*Update* Brian at Vectric responded to my email saying to expect an update this week.

I've reached out to Vectric in hopes of getting answers for your questions. I'll get back to you as soon as they respond. In the meantime, I've tried to install the update posted on Vectric's site to my V Carve Pro ShopBot Edition 7.012 and was unsuccesful. So it seems at the moment updates are done only by checking in the help menu.

The only difference between VCP and VCP-SB is post processors. Your ShopBot edition software only has the posts for ShopBot/Handibot tools, otherwise the software is identical. It is possible still that the update from 7.012 to 7.015 didn't affect the ShopBot edition, but we'll have to wait to hear.

David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2014 09:23AM by David @ Shopbot Tools.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.