Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

New Version of VCarve

Posted by Eric Schimelpfenig 
New Version of VCarve
March 26, 2014 10:44AM
Hey all, there is a new version of VCarve Pro out. It's a free upgrade to anyone who's on version 7. This new version has some bug fixes and enhancements. Most notably it now opens Sketchup models directly. Not only does it do that, but it can pull apart your 3D model and lay it all flat so that you don't have to do that manually:

[www.vectric.com]
Re: New Version of VCarve
March 26, 2014 11:50AM
I did not see anything "earth shattering" in it but it will make sharing easier to have everyone on the same version.....
March 26, 2014 11:54AM
This is pretty earth shattering to me: spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.dropbox.com]
March 26, 2014 12:15PM
eye popping smiley Oh, yeah, that would be earth shattering to a heavy sketch-up user like you. I really need a rainy Sunday afternoon to run through some tutorials on it as it is super powerful and should be easy once you get past some point but it fights me every step. I have my best luck, so far, with a 2d/3d cad program. I do 90% of the work 2d and then push it 3d and make any changes I need to...

What are the best tutorials for sketch-up?
March 26, 2014 02:58PM
This is rather nice.

I like sketchup well enough but on the mac I keep having problem that it crashes on save 95% of the time. If anybody knows anything about that I would appreciate help.

As for VCarve update how do we upgrade ?
March 26, 2014 03:09PM
To update, just go to "help" and the "check for updates"

As far as Sketchup crashing, I can help you with that... Can you give me more details? Is it a particular model? Perhaps a plugin? What version are you running? What are the steps to get it to crash?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.