Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

Apparent inaccurate cut

Posted by liska985 
Apparent inaccurate cut
April 28, 2014 06:00PM
I have a rectangle that has been mirrored, one of the rectangles is cut to the correct dimension while the other rectangle is not (off by about .01inches in width). Vcarve shows that both rectangles are identical. Has anyone seen this?
Thanks
Re: Apparent inaccurate cut
April 28, 2014 08:20PM
Is everything within the 6x8 cut limits or are you tiling?
May 01, 2014 05:49PM
Can you attach the VCarve file so we can take a look at it? Ruling out any issues with your machine, I am wondering if it has anything to do with the direction of cut...
May 15, 2014 10:44AM
liska985:

I was just helping another Handibot owner last week with a similar issue. In the case I was dealing with, there were two rectangles, neither of which were parallel to X/Y; the rectagles were mirror images of one another flipped about the Y axis. When the rectangles were cut, they came out different sizes eventhough the geometry was identicle. We were able to replicate the issue using the customer's cut file and our Handibots. We quickly discovered that the toolpath was programmed using a conventional direction of cut for both rectangles (this is a bubble that you select in V Carve Pro.) This resulted in bit deflection such that the parts were coming out with different measurements. In the end we were able to get the parts to come out correct by programming one rectangle in the conventional direction and the other in the climb direction. It may take a bit of trial and error for you to determine which direction goes on each side to yeild the correct sized parts.

Let us know how this goes!

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.