Go Back to handibot.com

Advanced

My GitHub of projects

Posted by Eric Schimelpfenig 
My GitHub of projects
June 22, 2014 08:04PM
Alright everyone, I have been trying to get organized with my projects so that you all have some things to cut with when you first get your Handibot.

I've been dropping links in forum threads here, but I figure it's about time to share the whole lot of them. In the GitHub link below you'll see I've gathered a bunch of projects that I have done, and that I have successfully cut. In each folder you'll usually find Sketchup models, VCarve files, and pictures of the completed project.

Along with that I have put any relevant notes in the readme files. My goal is for you to be able to take one of these and get cutting very quickly.

[github.com]

Feel free to ask questions. If anyone wants to contribute, feel free to "fork" my projects, or if you drop your GitHub username in I can add you as a contributor.

For those of you that aren't familiar with GitHub, it's a site that's mean for groups of people to work on code. For what we're doing we're using it as a place to host files. What's nice about it is that it keeps a running history of all changes that anyone makes.

The downside is that it's a little un-user friendly. For the savvy, you can download the GitHub app and keep projects synced to your hard drive. That way as you, and the rest of us make changes you'll be up to date.

If you want to simply download a project, look to the right of each project for the "Download as ZIP" button and you'll get the whole project.

For us early adopters, I think this is a good place to host projects. In the near future I believe ShopBot is going to have a place for Handibot projects similar to 100k Schools, so I suspect that what we have here will move over there when it's ready.
Re: My GitHub of projects
June 24, 2014 11:40AM
I put together a video of how to download projects from GitHub so it's easier for you all:

[youtu.be]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.